Here at Ellenborough Park we are passionate about being greener to protect the environment. We have made some positive changes to work towards being a more sustainable business.
We are always adding to this list and thinking of new ways to be better.
- We offer our guests the option to re-use rather than replace towels and bed linen.
- Our bottled water supplier Belu invests in WaterAid, an international charity that transforms lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation.
- All of our brochures and promotional material are available online to save on print and paper.
- We have made a considerable investment into replacing all of our light bulbs with LED lighting to reduce our carbon footprint. All of our public areas, corridors and staircases also have PIR sensor lighting.
- Correspondence with colleagues, guests and suppliers is done electronically where possible.
- We have installed six EV charging ports in our guest car park, allowing guests to charge their electric vehicles.
- Shampoo and body wash pump bottles in bedrooms to reduce plastic.
- Food waste bins in kitchen.
- Glass & cardboard recycling.
- We sell honey that comes from a local beekeeper, supporting local wildlife.
- Food items that are past their best are offered to staff for free to take home and use.
- Encouraging staff energy saving, such as ensuring housekeeping do not leave lights or TVs on in rooms, whilst PC’s and lights are also turned off at the end of each day in offices.
- There is monthly communication from the Finance Director concerning energy usage and encouragement to be greener.
- We have an Energy Committee who meet monthly with an energy champion and a monthly checklist.
- Ensure sustainable food sources are used throughout the hotel.